There are a number of websites and videos that explain the somewhat laborious process of transferring a Facebook Live video to YouTube, but all the ones I’ve seen require scrolling through multiple web pages or listening to a 3-4 minute YouTube video. So I’ve distilled the steps down to a simple list:
- Go to Facebook and your live video
- Right click on the video and choose “Show Video URL”
- Copy link (example: https://www.facebook.com/kerryokerry/videos/10153991924976656/?l=5598711933922950882)
- Paste link into a new browser window
- Change the “www.” at the beginning of the link to “m.”, so the above example would become https://m.facebook.com/kerryokerry/videos/10153991924976656/?l=5598711933922950882
- Press play and stop the video (this is important)
- Right click and choose “Save video as” – save to hard drive
- Upload as usual to YouTube.
Did it work? Let me know.